We had an awesome weekend at church! Bro. Jackson preached an amazing message last night from 1 Samuel chapter 21. He found that the Hebrew word that is translated as feigned is the same as praise. So in verse 13 when it says David " feigned himself mad in their hands" he actually praised himself crazy!
Psalm 34 has this little tidbit before the verses:
A Psalm of David, when he changed his behavior before Abimelech; who drove him away, and he departed.
Here are the first four verses:
1 I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.
4 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. Yeah, we had some crazy praise going on in the house!
We also had a first time van rider who was really touched by God yesterday. Both in the morning and evening services she was praying and seeking after God. She had never been in a Pentecostal church before, but she knew she was feeling something real. It was beautiful watching the tears stream unashamedly down her face as she called out to God.
Our services continue tomorrow night and I'm looking forward to what God has in store!
1 comment:
Thank you so much for your comment! I had to repost my blog posts because it was messing up so I lost your comment. Thanks again! See you at Pacific Coast!
Sherry
Post a Comment