4-27-90 - Black day for me - but God is in charge. Cancer is not too hard for my God.I can't believe it has been 20 years. Not exactly an anniversary I want to celebrate, but it's been on my mind for the past few days. It's unreal how a single diagnosis can change your life. I celebrated my 26th birthday that day and wondered how many more I would get to celebrate with my wonderful Mother.
How to describe the fear... the doubts... the uncertainties... the absolute terror... the numbness and shock that followed our family in those days. Surgery was scheduled immediately. Mastectomy - what a harsh word.
BUT, on that dark day, Mom chose to trust God. She chose to enter the fight and not just throw up her hands in despair. Yes she was afraid, she was in pain, she was sick, but she would always say, "I can't give up." She was amazing and strong and her sense of humor would shine through when you least expected it.
Written in another place in her Bible:I sure am missing her today.
My philosophy is
Mind Over Matter
If you don't mind,
it doesn't matter...
But, I do mind and
It does matter!
5 comments:
First on my agenda is to wish you the Happiest of Birthdays!!! God is so good and I'm thankful for the blessings you bring to the work of God and your friendship to me.
Second, thank you for sharing the legacy your mom left you in her Bible! I realize its difficult, yet you strengthen others by sharing.
Happy Birthday!
That is so awesome that your mom wrote in her bible like that. She probably didn't realize the lasting effects and the people that would inspired by her words of wisdom!
Thanks for sharing!
Such great words of whisdom, for then, for now and for our Tomorrows!
Mervi
To our favorite aunt:
Happy Birthday!!! We hope the day was everything you wished it to be...Love and miss you sooooo much!!!
L & K
P.S. Grandma sure was amazing... So glad that her words continue to inspire :-)
Norma was an amazing lady - and what an inspiration her life was...and continues to be.
Post a Comment