Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Road Les Traveled


This morning Les and I decided to take a little adventure. Just a little over a mile from our house is the Las Llajas Canyon Road. It was so peaceful without any traffic. Except for this overturned vehicle...


We saw this guy...


Just as we were crossing a stream...



The wildflowers are blooming...


We heard lots of birds chirping, doves cooing, and the rat-a-tat-tat of a woodpecker! The woodpecker is in this tree, but he is much smaller than Woody, so you won't be able to see him.


The sun was just starting to rise as we made our way back to civilization!

3 comments:

Cyndi Kaye said...

Those were very peaceful pictures. I'm in a very imaginative mood after reading "Just Jane". I could almost feel the mist in the air looking at those pictures. =)

P.S. Thanks for sharing the book. Very good read. Amazing how some circumstances never change in life's cycle.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Perfect start to make a perfect day.

Anonymous said...

wow peep! This looked like sooo much fun! :) my mom and chloee and I went on this hike today and we saw the fog roll in and the whole time I was thinking how great God was because of all the beauty...I was in awe :) You're lucky you have a trail so close to your house! :) Love you
EliPeep

Verse of the Day