Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Jingle Bells in March

I was in Target yesterday morning when I heard a little voice singing:
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way...
I chuckled at the choice of song, but found myself humming the same tune. Several aisles later, I heard it again:
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way...
When I got to the checkout, I was in line behind him, still singing:
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way...
I laughed and said, "Are you counting down to Christmas already?" His dad looked a little sheepish, but I said, "I'll be singing that song all day, but I'd rather hear that than an unhappy child any day!"

It is so easy for a song to change our day. We can sing:
Nobody knows the trouble I've seen
Nobody knows but Jesus
And I picture this:


But start singing:
Can't nobody do me like Jesus
Can't nobody do me like the Lord
Can't nobody do me like Jesus
He's my Friend!
And life looks a lot brighter!


Psalm 100, verse 2 says, "Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing." And Ephesians 5:19 says, "Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;"

Go ahead, sing a joyful song! Others will want to sing along with you.

2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

I'm a-sing'n "Jingle bells, jingle bells....". Cute post but a most effective one too.

Caroline (Jane) said...

That's so neat! A happy song is always in season! Ya know,I discovered that Rory would fall asleep faster if I sang jingle bells to him when he was just a few months old, and I still sing it to him! Thanks for making me smile. :)

Verse of the Day