Sunday, July 27, 2008

Trust

Sure, it takes a lot of courage
To put things in God's hands,
To give ourselves completely,
Our lives, our hopes, our plans,
To follow where He leads us
And make His will our own,
But all it takes is foolishness
To go the way alone.

- Mom's Bible

I did a quick scan through the book of Psalms in Mom's Bible and found so many verses on TRUST underlined. Here is a sampling:

7:1 - O Lord my God, in thee do put my trust...
11:1 - In the Lord put I my trust...
16:1 - Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.
18:2 - ... in whom I will trust...
25:2 - O my God, I trust in thee...
31:1 - In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust...

I know trusting every day isn't easy, but "all it takes is foolishness to go the way alone."

4 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Another beautiful, touching post. Your mother's faith continues to speak to us after all these years.

Miss T said...

Her words are powerful - "But all it takes is foolishness
To go the way alone." How true that statement is, especially having tried that rocky, lonely road. I cannot nor will ever put my trust into this world. God has proven His faithfulness to me over and over.

Chrissy said...

Sissy McElhaney-

OH MY WORD, honestly, i was OVERWHELMED with everything that has been written since I visited your blog last week!!!! As a matter of fact, I'm going to print this out for me to keep because it's soooooooooooo full of wisdom, hope, love, JOY, inspiration -- i LOVE it, and I'm so THANKFUL that you've decided to create this blog that is full of wisdom and inspiration, and that are truly "footprints in the sand," for people such as my daughter, ME, and countless others that knew your precious mom, and know you!! Love ya! Sissy Chrissy!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Sis. Chris,
You are officially hired as my Blog PR person!! I'm enjoying this more than I thought I would, and if it's a blessing or help to you or anyone else, I'm thankful!

Verse of the Day