A few months ago, I was praying with a close friend of mine who was going through a dark time. As I was praying I was reminded of this poem, but a new thought came to me. WE are God's hands and feet on this earth, and it is often OUR prayers that are carrying our friends and loved ones through dark times. I've certainly experienced those times when I knew I couldn't go on without the prayers of others. Four simple words, "I'm Praying For You", can make all the difference.
Galatians 6:2 says, "Bear ye one another's burdens..."
Can I neglect to pray, while there is one who needs the help my prayers can bring?
- Mom's Bible
So if you see a friend in need, put your feet in the sand next to theirs, and it may be that the footprints seen will be yours.
4 comments:
Well as you know all I can say is...this post was close to heart. I am grateful for your prayers. I love you!
And as you know, "I'm praying for you." I love you, too!
Hi Sissy McElhaney! OH MY WORD, i love these scriptures, and it reminds me how I blessed I am to have a friend such as you that has a burden to pray for me. NOTHING means more to me than a friend's prayer, and I hold dear to my heart yours and your mom's scriptures. I think I've said this before: your mom was truly a "mother of Israel." THANK YOU Sissy McElhaney for your words of inspiration, and for being a true Christian lady and friend. Love you bunches! Sissy Chrissy.
Sis. Chris,
You and your family have needed my prayers this year, but there will be a time when your need won't be as great and you'll be praying for me or someone else. Even when we don't know the situation, our prayers reach God's ears and He knows.
Love you tons!!
Post a Comment