I see a lot of things when I'm running. Other runners, walkers, cyclists. People leaving for work, some barely awake and others driving too fast. I also see a lot of wildlife. I saw two deer this past Saturday. I see birds and bunnies aplenty everyday. I see coyotes about once a week. And I've seen an occasional bobcat. But today, today topped it all...
I was running up Alamo, a slight hill. It was about 5:50 a.m., with a bit of ocean air, so not completely light out. As I was running I saw a shape on the sidewalk. My first thought was "it's a dog". But it neither moved nor barked. "Oh, it's a stuffed dog." But as I got closer, I saw that it wasn't a dog, but a stuffed seal. It was about 2 1/2 feet long and was staring up at me just like those old "Save the Baby Seal" posters. Yep, now I've seen it all!
I also saw a hairy tarantula this morning... ewww!
1 comment:
Sissy McElhaney!!! it's ME again -- i have not been able to focus on work, and if i keep this up i'm not going to have any work! LOL! anyway, oh how i wwwwiiiiissshhh i could get up at the crack of dawn and run like you have consistently done to enjoy the beautiful weather that God blesses us with here in sunny California! i truly envy you in this area (Christian envy, of course!) because it's the type of exercise i would love to do, but realistically not possible right now! i totally laughed out loud about the stuffed animal, and cringed at the UGLY TERRIFYING tarantula -- YUUUUUUUCCCK!!!!
Post a Comment