I was looking for a little to something to add to today's blog, and found this about my Mom. She would have turned 81 today. I always miss her, but her birthday is one of the days that I feel her loss the most.
On the Wednesday night before Christmas, Pastor White talked to us about
the gifts we give our family. He said one of the greatest gifts is
family time. He went on to talk about how mothers are the "narrator" of
the family. It is the narrator who weaves all the individual story
lines into one complete story.

I
couldn't help but think of Mom. She was many things to our family, but
she was definitely the narrator. Our family has carried on since her
death, but it's never quite been the same. I've spoken to others who
have lost their moms and they seem to feel the same way.

I've wondered why it works that way. Is it because mothers start writing our stories before our birth? As they carry us in their wombs, the hopes and dreams they carry begin taking shape. They write the "prologue" of our life and continue narrating as the years go on.

As I greet each new year, I always think of Mom. She would be 71 years old today. She had the distinction of being the first baby born in Tulare county in the year 1940! I wish she was here today to see how good God has been to me! I would love for her to see the beautiful home He's given us, the blessings that have come our way, the joys I've experienced since she's been gone. But most of all I'd love to just sit and talk, sharing the story that started in her heart.

I've wondered why it works that way. Is it because mothers start writing our stories before our birth? As they carry us in their wombs, the hopes and dreams they carry begin taking shape. They write the "prologue" of our life and continue narrating as the years go on.

As I greet each new year, I always think of Mom. She would be 71 years old today. She had the distinction of being the first baby born in Tulare county in the year 1940! I wish she was here today to see how good God has been to me! I would love for her to see the beautiful home He's given us, the blessings that have come our way, the joys I've experienced since she's been gone. But most of all I'd love to just sit and talk, sharing the story that started in her heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment