Back in February I posted a recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala. My Indian food adventure continued with Aloo Mutter. This is a traditional vegetable dish with potatoes and peas. {Can I just say that for the first time in my life I have been buying frozen vegetables instead of canned and they are SO much better! I can't stand canned peas, but the frozen are so good, not mushy at all like canned peas.}
Aloo Mutter
| Before adding the peas |
2 jars Archer Farms Yellow Curry Simmer Sauce 11.8 fl. oz.
1 cup frozen peas
4 potatoes, peeled, chopped and cooked
1. I cooked my potatoes a little differently this time. I usually peel, then chop and cook. This time I cut them in quarters and boiled them until tender. I let them cool, then the peels practically fell off and I was able to easily cut them into smaller pieces. (It only took me 50 years to figure this out!)
2. Pour sauce in crock-pot, add about 1/3 jar of water to each jar, shake well and add.
3. Add potatoes. Cook on low for several hours. The sauce will seem too thin, but the potatoes will absorb much of the liquid and by the time it's ready it will be nice and thick.
4. Add peas about one hour before serving. Serve over basmati rice.
This was fabulous! I made way too much, but we really enjoyed it! I had two crock-pots going that day - one with Aloo Mutter and one with Chicken Tikka Masala.
No comments:
Post a Comment