Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday

 
Several bloggers are doing 30 Days of Thanks.  I've done it in the past and I certainly have more then 30 people/things to be thankful for!  I'm a little late for 30 days, but I thought I'd go with Thankful Thursdays this month.

Twelve months ago, my Dad was in a rehab center and Les was unemployed.  We didn't know what was going to happen on either front.  In January Les started working in Hawaii and in March we said goodbye to my dear Dad.  It's been a journey!

What I am most thankful for ~ strength for the journey.  There have been days when I just wanted to curl up in a ball and tune the world out.  I don't blog much about those days, I don't like to be a Debby Downer here on M&M. (I will admit that I cried today when I read someone else thanking her dad on her blog - because some days still hurt.)  But strength to face the days has come.  Psalm 28:7 "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him."  And I know "weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." (Psalm 30:5)

I am also so thankful for my many, many friends.  Friends who have prayed for me.  Friends who text and email.  Friends who leave comments on this blog.  Friends who call.  Friends in California who hug me and say, "I missed you."  Friends in Hawaii who hug me and say, "I missed you." 

An amazing God, an incredible husband, awesome family, and  true-blue friends.  I have much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Verse of the Day