I check a couple of sites daily for free Kindle books. I have found some great authors and also downloaded some duds! But free is free, so I don't mind not finishing something I don't like. Today on Spirit Filled Kindle, I found Make Him Room by Kirsten Oliphant. Here is the description:
We may all have heard the real message of Christmas, but are you really hearing it? It is so easy for us to get lost in the hustle and bustle of holiday stuff, but Jesus wants you to make room in your heart for him. This series of daily devotions from December 1 to December 25 matches up Old Testament prophecy with New Testament fulfillment about Jesus. With a bite-sized reflection and a handful of discussion questions, this devotional will work for the family around the dinner table or for your personal time alone with God.I read today's devotion, it came from Genesis 3, Romans 5, Galatians 3, and Hebrews 9. The final paragraph of today's reading is this:
This season, will you make him room?
Nothing could yet make right their sin. The death of that animal did not take away their guilt. Neither did any animal under the sacrificial system take away sin. Only when the perfect substitute, God in flesh, lived a perfect life and died in our place on the cross— only then could forgiveness be had. But in the garden, in the midst of the first sin, we see a foretaste of the redemption to come through Immanuel, God with us.I think I'm going to enjoy reading this each day. Even if you don't have a Kindle, you can download this for free and read it on your mobile device or desktop computer.
Do you have any annual Christmas readings to recommend?

1 comment:
Thank you or sharing......I can't wait to do this each day!!
Post a Comment