Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sweet Tea, Please

Les had to travel to Richmond, VA this week.  He flew out early Tuesday morning, was in meetings all day yesterday, and is flying home now.  I got an email from him Tuesday night that said, "Found some grub" and it had this picture:


We don't have a single Cracker Barrel in the entire state of California!  I was just a little jealous.  When we talked later that night, here's how part of the conversation went:

Me:  So you went to Cracker Barrel...what did you have?  No, wait, let me guess...  fried catfish.
Les:  Close, it was grilled.
Me:  And your sides?  Corn?
Les:  Yep.
Me:  And hash brown casserole.
Les:  Yes.
Me:  And hush puppies.
Les:  No hush puppies, I had biscuits. What did I have to drink?
Me:  Sweeeeeet tea!!
Les:  Yes.  I had dessert, too.
Me:  Cobbler!
Les:  What kind?
Me:  Cherry!
Les:  Yep.

So after nearly 21 years, I guess I know what he likes to eat!  Even when we're apart, I've got him figured out.  Although I'd much rather have him here so I can cook for him.

For a little more serious post about food, check out my Fueling Strategy on McMarathon Moments.

1 comment:

Girly Muse said...

Mmm, I love their grilled catfish, hashbrown casserole, biscuits and sweet tea!!!

Verse of the Day