Thursday, February 2, 2012

Look Where You Are Going

Runner's World magazine featured the oldest marathon finisher ever this month.  Fauja Singh, completed the London marathon last October in 8 hours and 11 minutes.  He thought it would take about 9 hours, so he was very pleased with his result.  It didn't say how long he has been a runner, but he said, "I lost my son when I was 81; running helped."  Would you like to guess how old he is? 



He ran his first marathon in 2000 at the age of 89.  He completed last year's marathon, his eighth, at the age of 100!  One Hundred years old!  That's amazing!  He had this to say about injury prevention:

I look where I am going.

I thought about that last night as Bro. Brown was preaching about heaven. No one is going to stumble into heaven by accident. Our eyes must be on the prize! 

Hebrews 12:1-2 "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

I Peter 5:8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

Philippians 3:13-14 "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."
I'm planning on going to heaven.  That's right, planning.  It won't happen by accident and I have every intention of making it.  I'm looking where I'm going.  Revelation 22:20 "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

No comments:

Verse of the Day