I hadn't been able to train with this partner in a while. He'd taken a vacation. Just between you and me, I hadn't missed him. His name? Wind. Full name? Santa Ana Wind. He showed up just a little yesterday while we were riding. But today, he was out in full force!
Here's what WeatherBug showed just before I went out to run this morning:
Yes, that is wind blowing at 23 MPH. And a few hours later...
Yes, my partner is moody. He may not show up for months, but when he does he knocks me around for all he's worth!
Some things blow into our lives with little warning. We each face storms. I've learned that if I keep running on windy days, I grow stronger. I have to work a lot harder, but when the wind is gone, I appreciate the calm even more.
What happens around us is largely outside our control, but how we choose to react to it is inside our control. We can throw our hands up in defeat or we can choose to trust God for His solution.
- Mom's Bible
No comments:
Post a Comment