
I was thinking the other morning about how quickly this year is moving along. Then it dawned on me - it has been a decade since Y2K! That seems like it happened a few years ago, not a decade!
We've all heard the saying that time flies. But remember when you were a child and it took forever for Christmas to arrive? July to December was an eternity. Les has a theory about that and I'd thought I would share it here.
When you are 2 years old, one year seems like a long time because it is one half of your life, one half of your experiences.

When you are 4 years old, one year still seems long because it is one fourth of your life.

When you are 16 years old, a year can move a little faster seeing how it is only one sixteenth of your life.
By the time you're 45, well time really does fly! A year is a small portion of your life - so in light of your life experiences, it really is shorter! (I'm speaking from experience here!)
James 4:14 puts it this way "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."I want to make every slice of life count, no matter how quickly it comes.

I think I'll have a piece of pie, too. Remember: We all get heavier as we get older, because there's a lot more information in our heads. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...
2 comments:
I like the heavy brain theory...I'm gonna remember that one. :)
LOL- I like your ending!!!
Post a Comment