
Gratitude is a seasoning for all seasons.
- Mom's Bible
I realize today is not actually Thanksgiving, but I'm posting this a week early because it's on my mind! In Second Timothy chapter 3, Paul takes four verses to list attributes of men in the last days. In the middle of that list, after disobedient to parents, and before unholy, is the word "unthankful".
If I started listing all that I am thankful for this year, I would take up pages and pages. My life is FULL of blessings! God has been so good to me. He has been by my side through some tough times, but He's also been with me on the good days, the normal days, the boring days! He just keeps blessing, saving, and healing!
So on the top of my list - God! I'm so thankful for His hand in my life. I'm thankful for the Word of God, for salvation, for the hope of heaven.
Les - what a rock he is in my life. Always steady. Faithful to me. My best friend. The one person on the planet that I'd rather be with than anyone else! Whether it be a hospital room or a cruise ship, we're in this together to the end! I'm so thankful that he has been able to eat a few more normal foods this week - mashed potatoes, baked beans, tortellini, bread, and donuts to name a few!
Family - I'm so glad for family! They're part of my life whether they like it or not! I'm thankful for Dad's improving health. Kim, I'm thankful for the relationship I have with you. Krysten and Lauren - you are two of the sweetest young ladies in the world and I love you to the moon and back! I'm thankful for all my nieces, nephews, extended family - in-laws and out-laws!
Friends - I won't even list a single name, that way no one gets their feelings hurt! Friends of old from Fresno, scattered hither and yon, newer friends in Burbank, friends across the country. Friends from camps, conferences, and Bible quizzing. Friends that read my blog that I haven't met yet! I'm thankful for you all!
I also want to add that I'm so thankful for my health. I ran 13 miles this morning and I don't take those steps for granted. I know there are many who are too sick to walk across the street.
I've been blessed with many material things - but "things" don't know if you appreciate them or not - only God and people do!
I hope wherever you spend Thanksgiving, you'll take time to Give Thanks!

6 comments:
I really enjoy your blog and all of your fantastic posts. It is beautiful. I read it as often as possible and when I get behind, I read back through the older posts. I think you are just great and so happy for you and your life. May God always richly bless you and Les (hope he well asap). Happy Thanksgiving. Love, Alisha
Alisha,
It's good to hear from you again. It feels like forever since I've seen you, but you're never forgotten. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love you!
Kathy,
I am sooo thankful that you are my sister. I feel so blessed that you and I have become so close the last couple of years. I love you more than you know. I feel so fortunate to be able to pick up the phone and just hear your voice. Even though I was a mean big sister I have always loved my little sister with all my heart. I wish we could be together for Thanksgiving but that's okay. I will carry you with me in my heart.
I love you,
Kim
Kim,
I'm keeping your confession forever!! I was the perfect little sister, HAHAHAHA!! I love you so much, thanks for letting me share my holidays with Les and his family.
Beautiful post. We won't have all our family together in person but we will be together in our hearts. I give thanks for that. Kathy, you've been a good friend to me and my whole family - thank you so much. With love.
Due to distance, we split our holidays, so I won't be with my side on Thanksgiving this year. But they'll always be in my heart - even those that have gone on to heaven.
Sis. Hopper, I love your family and I'm thankful we've been able to reconnect through blogging. Have a blessed holiday. Love you.
Post a Comment