Les and I traveled to Florida for the annual McElhaney family gathering. Our niece, Leksi, drove down from Tennessee with Pops so we rented a house for the four of us. I found a great house in Mexico Beach - three bedroom, two bath with full kitchen, living room, dining room and laundry. It was cheaper than a single hotel room and turned out great!
The majority of the family rented RVs and stayed at Dead Lakes Park in Wewahitchka. This has been a gathering place for our family for many, many, many years!
I couldn't resist running along the beach. Mexico Beach sits at the border of the Central and Eastern time zones. Mexico Beach is in Central, while neighboring Port St. Joe is in Eastern.
Just across the time zone line is Gulf County Veterans Memorial Park. I ran to it on two mornings and Les and I walked to it another time.
There were a number of fishing trips.
There was enough food to feed a small army. But more importantly there was abundant love and laughter!







No comments:
Post a Comment