This was our second day at sea and also our final day on board. Our
ship would dock at LeHavre, France the next day and we would say
farewell. I was still fighting allergies when I woke up and my voice
was gone. I was very glad for a mellow day.
After breakfast Les headed to the fitness center. I took our passports to guest services so they could be presented to the French authorities before we disembarked the following day. I then went to the Princess Theater. They had a culinary demonstration. This was almost identical to one I went to on our Alaskan cruise. The Head Chef and Director of Restaurant Operations gave a "cooking" demonstration. This was one part cooking demonstration and one part comedy. The head chef was definitely the serious one of the duo who tried to keep the director of restaurant operations from making too big of a mess.
I headed back to our room to rest. My allergies weren't that bad but I find that trying to talk without a voice uses a lot of energy! We had four more big days ahead of us and I wanted to get as much rest as possible. We had room service delivered for lunch and spent some time sorting through the various receipts and ticket stubs we had collected for the past two weeks.
Dinner that night was in the Allegro dining room. It was also another formal night with the theme of white and gold. I have no idea how people even knew that in advance. We certainly didn't! This would be the last time we dressed up for dinner on our trip. The food was good, but I could not get enough to drink. My allergy medication was doing the job but it was also causing my mouth to dry out.
We headed back to the room to pack. Our suitcases needed to be sitting outside our room by 9:00 p.m. We kept our backpacks for our final toiletries, etc. We had just a little bit of money left on our onboard account so we made one more trip for gelato!






No comments:
Post a Comment