Les was blessed with a wonderful boss when he started his new job. I cannot say enough about how kind Karen has been to us. I know using "Karen" as slang for a middle aged white woman has become popular in recent years (see Wikipedia) but that does not describe Les' boss one bit. She is one of the kindest, most considerate people I have ever met. She has been good to Les, but she has also been very good to me.
If you'd like to read the entire post, you can go HERE. But here are some of the highlights of our arrival on January 18, 2013:
Here are all our suitcases! Les brought one of his bikes and we packed
for 3 weeks. Our plan is to leave everything but our carry-ons here.
Our two large suitcases just squeaked in at the weight limit - one was
50.5 pounds and the other was 50.2 pounds!
Five and a half hours later, Les' boss met us at the airport to take us to our hotel. She gave us beautiful leis and made us feel so welcome.
I believe they call that the "Aloha spirit"
Beautiful leis that started our adventure off just right!
Five and a half hours later, Les' boss met us at the airport to take us to our hotel. She gave us beautiful leis and made us feel so welcome.
I believe they call that the "Aloha spirit"
Our bed at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach. Just steps from Waikiki Beach.
3 comments:
Oh so you guys completely moved to Maui full time now? We have a family in our church that travels to Maui at least twice a year, its where they grew up and have family there still. I was just telling them about you guys the other day because her husband is into biking and when they lived there he used to lead the bike tours that do that mountain volcano thing- I forget what it's called buuuuut anyways you probably know the one I'm talking about! Anywayz, I was hoping you all will meet sometime and get together when they are there! Text me some time if you still have my number!
No, we don't live in Hawaii full time - I re-posted some of our story from when Les started working there 10 years ago. We never lived on Maui, but on Oahu. Les has done the bike ride up Haleakala on Maui several times.
Ooooooh okaaaaaayyy, I thought it was Maui!!!
Post a Comment