It's Saturday morning and it's raining again. I am NOT complaining, not one bit! We still need more rain. I looked at the forecast a few days ago and knew if I wanted to get a longer run in this week it needed to be on Friday. I really wanted to get back on the trails but wasn't sure how messy they would be. I woke up around 5:30 and was out the door around 6:00. I spent the first 3.5 miles on the road because it was still dark out!
By the time I got to the Tapo Canyon trailhead it was light. There weren't any cars parked there, so I knew I had the trail to myself. About a mile and half later I was at the top of the Tapo Canyon climb.
I then had two miles of downhill running, my favorite! The trail was dry, but I had to be careful of deep ruts. Two mountain bikers came up behind me in the last half mile, but other than that I enjoyed a wonderful seven miles on my own. Today's rain will just make our hills that much greener. Can't wait to get out again next week!




No comments:
Post a Comment