Our first full day on the ship was also a day at sea. It gave us an opportunity to relax before visiting our Alaskan ports. I was awake early and made my way to the Fitness Center. I ran for an hour on the treadmill and was drenched by the time I finished.
Not a bad view for being on the dreadmill!
One of the neat things about this Alaskan cruise was having Princess' Alaska Naturalist and Guest Speaker, Michael Modzelewski, on board. He lived for two years on a remote northern wilderness island along the rugged coastline between Seattle and Alaska. He had so many interesting stories about living in Alaska among the native people and animals. He shared this little tidbit about the size of Alaska vs. Texas!
Michael's tips came in handy on day 4 when our itinerary changed. I'll share about that when we get to Juneau!
My packing list for this cruise was definitely different. Jackets, sweaters, gloves, and rain gear made my suitcase quite full, but I was able to do laundry half way through the trip and wore everything I packed twice.





No comments:
Post a Comment