| Can you see the moon? |
I think this is the latest I have ever posted for the first time in a new year. What happened? I kicked off 2022 by running a half marathon on New Year's Day. It was windy, but I got it done. We started revival at church on Tuesday night, January 4th, and by the time we got home I was feeling feverish and achy. I woke up Wednesday feeling horrible and so did Les. Chills, fever, cough, the works. We tested negative for COVID, so it appears we "just" had the flu. The worst of it was over for me after a few days, while Les got hit a bit harder.
Last week I felt back to normal and revival continued at church. This week started off good, then we got our COVID booster on Tuesday. Like clockwork we both started feeling sick by that night. This lasted about 24 hours and now the only thing left is a dull ache in my upper arm at the injection site. I've told several people that we are just getting all the yucky stuff out of the way in January and now the rest of 2022 is going to be fantastic!
I went for a trail run this morning and it was wonderful! We got a lot of rain in late December and a little bit this week so the trail is in fantastic shape. I ran four miles before turning around. All the pictures in this post are from this morning's run. At about 4.6 miles I saw two cows - one on each side of the trail. Neither of them were the least bit interested in me.
I finished 2021 down a total of 32 pounds. I had been down 33 but picked up a pound over Christmas. As of this morning I am down a total of 34.5. One pound from the goal weight I set a little over a year ago! It's been slow but steady. I've enjoyed birthdays, weddings, and other celebrations. We've traveled, eaten out, eaten pizza and ice cream. What I've done is gone back to the basics of tracking what I eat and eating reasonable portions. My running is better than it has been in years.
We're closing out our third week of revival and it has been so good. We've had many services where we just lingered in the altars. God is still moving and I'm excited to see what He has in store for 2022!
No comments:
Post a Comment