Monday, May 10, 2021

Woman of the Week ~ A Mother in Israel

As I've done on Mother's Day for several years now, I took my Mom's Bible to church with me yesterday.  It's a small way of remembering her that brings me comfort.  There were a few items tucked in the front cover that I didn't want to lose, so I pulled them out.  I then flipped through her Bible and found a bookmark.  The page had verses marked and in Mom's beautiful handwriting, "women can make changes happen."  Well, that caught my attention!  I have studied, and blogged about, over 40 women but never this one!  She is one of the nameless women in the Bible, but she definitely made changes happen.  Look for her story on Friday.

Verses:  2 Samuel 20:16-22
Background – parents, husband, children, siblings
What is she most known for?
Victories? Defeats?
How can I be like her?
How can I avoid being like her?
Did she reach a place when she needed to reset?  If so, did she?  For good or evil?

No comments:

Verse of the Day