As I mentioned yesterday, we didn't eat out at lot on our vacation, but when we did we made it count! We had one forgettable meal - dinner our first night in Charleston. We were starving after a long day of travel and most restaurants had an hour or more wait. We made up for the less than stellar meal by finding Off Track Ice Cream! The key lime pie ice cream, with chunks of graham cracker crust mixed in was excellent.
Monday night in Hilton Head we went to the Mixx on Main. I was in the mood for Mexican food. I know, we were in the South, but I can't go many days without it! We split the fajita trio - chicken, steak and shrimp. These were the best fajitas I have ever had! Sadly, they didn't have anything for dessert, but we made up for it by buying a piece of carrot cake at the grocery store that was surprisingly delicious.
I turned 57 on Tuesday and I told Les he needed to decide where we would eat. As always, he did an outstanding job. We ate at Frankie Bones. I had Filet Mignon and Les had ribs. Both meals were amazing!
Because it was my birthday, I also splurged on dessert. This is Butterfinger Crunch Cake. "Get in my mouth!"
SOOOO good!!
We ate it all!
About a week or so before our trip, Les mentioned beignets. I quickly Googled "beignets Hilton Head" and found Kenny B's French Quarter Cafe. They not only had beignets, they also had Muffalettas. This is a New Orleans specialty that we wanted to try when we were there in 2019 but didn't get to. Kenny B's was about 10 miles from our condo, so we decided to ride our bikes there on Thursday.
We split the Muffaletta and it was delicious!
We also split an order of beignets that were as good as any you can find in New Orleans! Kenny, the owner, is not from South Carolina or New Orleans, he's actually from Ohio, but he got the New Orleans food right!
The only right way to eat a beignet is to just go ahead and take a big bite!
Powdered sugar on your face is a must!
After thoroughly enjoying our lunch, we pedaled our way home. We were glad for easy, flat roads!
On our final night I told Les that I wanted ice cream. Once again, I searched Google and found Gr8 Bites just a few miles away. Their ice cream was outstanding and it's probably a good thing we didn't find it until our last night.
Our last meal took place in Charleston at Jim N Nick's. We both had their classic pulled pork, you just can't go wrong with barbecue in the South!
You may be wondering how all these delightful meals affected by weight loss goals. We got home late Saturday night and I stepped on the scale Monday morning. I'm happy to report that my weight was exactly the same! You don't have to give up enjoying life to lose weight. Today was my "official" weigh in day and I was down another pound for a total of 25 pounds now.













No comments:
Post a Comment