Friday, July 6, 2018
Kings of Judah and Israel
I am currently in the book of 2 Kings in my daily Bible reading. It can be confusing reading about the different kings. Some names are similar, while others are identical. Reigns overlap. Many kings are identified by their parents. I found this chart to be helpful:
Over and over the Bible says, "he wrought evil in the sight of the Lord" and "followed the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, which made Israel to sin." Of 42 kings, 11 were counted righteous over the course of 464 years.
We celebrated the birthday of our country this week. 242 years since we declared our independence. I wonder what a chart of our presidents would look like. Of 45 presidents, how many could be counted righteous? There will never be a perfect ruler, but we need to pray for our divided nation. No matter who rules, we as individuals still have the choice to do that which is right in the sight of God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment