Sunday, April 22, 2018

The Rock Never Trembled

My devotional on Thursday morning included a short story about a ship that crashed against the rocks in England.  A fifteen year old sailor swam to safety on an offshore rock.  He climbed up and waited all night until he was rescued the next morning.  A reporter interviewed him and commented, "You must have been shaking all night as you clung to that rock."  "Yes," the young sailor replied, "I trembled all night with fear and cold, but the rock never trembled once."


I love the image that paints!  I've been thinking about it since Thursday.  There were a lot of ways I could have gone, but really, there's nothing that can be added.  It just simply is.  No matter the storms that come, the Rock never trembles. 

"The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower."  (Psalm 18:2)

No comments:

Verse of the Day