Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Which is Greater - Your Need or Your Faith?

We had a great service last night at New Life Pentecostal.  For the third year Pastor Robert Henson from Michigan has spent the month of February on the island, preaching and encouraging.  He always brings great faith with him and last night was no exception.

Before the preaching, Bro. Henson had a young lady testify.  Sister Sherena was born with only one full lung.  At age 27, she is active and can do anything.  In the past month she got sick and her lung capacity was down to 63%.  She was prayed for and went back to the doctor.  The doctor wanted to operate but she stalled him until her mother could come.  The next time she saw the doctor, her right lung was at 100% and her left lung was at 85%!  The doctor was astounded and could not figure out what had happened.  He tested her lungs again - right lung at 100%, left lung at 85%.  The doctor then sent her to California to see the number one specialist in the country.  When that doctor met her he said, "Are you the young lady who thinks God gave her a lung?"  She replied, "I'm the young lady who knows God gave her a lung!"  The California doctor did a series of test.  During their final meeting her told her that he wept when he saw the results.  He knew it was something only God could do!

Bro. Henson's message was "Which is Greater - Your Need or Your Faith?"  He told the story of the nobleman who came to Jesus in John chapter 4.  The nobleman's son was sick in Caperneum and the father traveled 22 miles to Cana to see Jesus.  Jesus' first response was, "Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe."  Jesus pointed out the father's struggle with faith.  The father didn't even deny it, but still asked Jesus to come and heal his child.

John 4:50-53 says, "Jesus saith unto him, Go thy way; thy son liveth. And the man believed the word that Jesus had spoken unto him, and he went his way.  And as he was now going down, his servants met him, and told him, saying, Thy son liveth.  Then enquired he of them the hour when he began to amend. And they said unto him, Yesterday at the seventh hour the fever left him.  So the father knew that it was at the same hour, in the which Jesus said unto him, Thy son liveth: and himself believed, and his whole house."

Jesus met the nobleman's need and expanded his faith at the same time!

So many times we struggle with believing and the devil tries to tell us God is not going to answer if we don't have enough faith.  God doesn't work that way!  We don't have to have faith equal to our need.  Just that mustard seed of faith is all we need.  

At the end of the service, Bro. Henson asked for those who needed the Holy Ghost to come forward.  A sweet Samoan sister received the Holy Ghost in about 15 seconds!  There was also prayer for the sick and many claimed their healing last night.  God is still in the prayer answering business!

10 comments:

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Such wonderful testimonies, Kathy, from the modern and the historic. Please pray for my mother. She has kidney cancer. I arrived in Missouri Sunday. Her surgery to remove the kidney is Friday. After her recovery, she will have her remaining cancerous breast removed as well.

Appreciate your prayers and for building my faith today. There is nothing, no nothing, that my God can't do.

*hugs*
Kelley~

Mary Frances said...

WOW!!! What an AWESOME STORY!!!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Kelley,
I'll be praying for your mother!

xo
Kathy

Kathy McElhaney said...

That's because we have an awesome God!!

Mary Frances said...

Idk Y buuuuut I've been stalking your blog, (Blalking!lol;) I decided to go back and read your VERY FIRST POST, I didn't realize that you had started blogging right around the same time as me, I thought you had been doing it for YEARS before me!!! Funny thing is, BLOGGING was like the IN thing when I started back in 08, now its kind of outdated it seems, like scrapbooking, buuuuuut I AIN'T QUITTING!!! LOL

Mary Frances said...

Btw: I was also reading all your weight loss and exercise posts, I've been actually thinking for a while that I wanted to rejoin Weight Watchers, it really is such a great program and really does teach you how to eat properly and that's what I really want to learn to help prepare me to not just lose more but keep it off! Also I was reading about all your running and how you would make improvements and stuff and be faster and able to run for longer, that's how hiking has been for me! At first I could hike for any time hardly at all, then I would go a little higher each time, then finally at the end of October I hiked to the to of what is considered a hard mountain, the hike up to me 2.5 hours, I did it on Monday and was SHOCKED that it ONLY TOOK ME 1.5!!! I couldn't believe that I was a whole hour quicker...SOOOOO EXCITING for me!!! Now I wanna find a more challenging mountain!!! LOL

Myleopardshirt said...

Beautiful. He's such a wonderful God! Thank you Jesus.

Kathy McElhaney said...

I've always felt that maintaining weight loss is as difficult, if not MORE difficult, than the actual losing. It's getting up every day and deciding to eat right, not just starving yourself until you reach a certain weight. Being healthy with food and exercise to me is a lot like living for God - you get up every morning with a fresh start and do your best. Before you know it, you've hiked that mountain!! I'm proud of you, I know it's been a lot of work.

Kathy McElhaney said...

I think 2007-08 were big years to jump on the blogging bandwagon. I'm glad I've stuck with it. Sometimes I have more to say than other times, but I love looking back and remember the things God has done in my life. And I'm so glad we met in real life!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Amen and amen!

Verse of the Day