Friday, March 11, 2016

Friday Foodie

It's been a long time since I posted a new recipe (January 2nd of last year to be exact!)  I tried one this week that I was sure would be a winner.  It's another variation of Chicken Crescent Casserole ~ I've made two others (here and here) and apple dumplings using crescent rolls (here.)  The recipe comes from Plain Chicken, one of my favorite sources for new recipes.  I forgot to take a picture before serving, but if you go to her site you can see what they look like.

Chicken Alfredo Rollups
serves 4

  • 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
  • 4 oz cream cheese
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
  • 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 1 jar (15-oz) Alfredo sauce

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.

Combine chicken, cream cheese, garlic and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Separate crescent rolls into 8 triangles. Top the large part of the crescent triangle with the chicken mixture. Roll crescent rolls up.

Place crescent rolls in dish. Pour Alfredo sauce over crescent rolls. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.  (I added the last 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese after about 25 minutes so it would get too brown.)

Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

This is a super easy dish to prepare and it tasted great!

1 comment:

The Other Half (Les) said...

I can vouch for it...it was a winner.

Verse of the Day