Wednesday, June 24, 2015

June 24th ~ HOT (Photo A Day)

Our outside thermometer is a little dirty!  Fortunately it's has a transmitter and I can check the outside temperature without actually going outside.

91.4 at 2:50 p.m.
Yes, it's hot in these parts.  We've been in the 90s everyday since last week.  No triple digits, yet.  But when I think HOT, I think Fresno, in July, when it's about 85 at ten o'clock at night, there's no breeze and the old swamp cooler just can't keep up!

4 comments:

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

We just got back from Honduras and it was 108 and 100% humidity the day we got there. And...the house and church were NOT air conditioned!!! I have never been MORE HAPPY to come home to our beautiful Puebla - today it is a sunshiney 77! We are BLESSED!
And in your previous post - the lizard - I had one in my bed one night! EEEK! Sounds like Hawaii and Honduras have a lot in common...

~Bethany~

Kathy McElhaney said...

Hi Beth!

We are actually at home in California - hot temps, but low humidity. And that lizard was in our backyard - we have them all the time but they don't come inside. Hawaii doesn't usually get much above 85 with about 85% humidity. The church we go to when we're there does not have air conditioning - we call Sunday "a three shower day!"

Caroline (Jane) said...

Hello from fryin' Fresno! Gonna be working in the fireworks stand next week to the tune of 106* HOT! I shan't complain tho as the other three seasons here are wonderful!

Kathy McElhaney said...

And it's a DRY heat, right?! Like walking into an oven. What I don't miss is the hot nights. We'll have triple digits here, but it's rare that we don't cool off enough at night to sleep with the windows open.

Verse of the Day