Two years ago I posted "Must Try Recipe ~ Pecan Pie Brownies." The recipe is amazing, but I ended up with some gooey brownies in the middle of the pan. Delicious, but not firm enough to cut and take to a gathering. I wanted to make them again this year and started looking for a brownie pan. There are many to be found on the internet, but few and far between in local stores. I finally found one at Walmart. It is Wilton brand and I paid $11.97 for it (online it is $23.30)
Pecan Pie Brownies
1 package brownie mix and ingredients listed on the box
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp flour
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups pecans, chopped
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x9-inch pan (or brownie pan.).
Mix together brownies according to package directions. Spread in pan. I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop into each square. Bake brownies for 15 minutes.
Whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, flour, corn syrup, vanilla and eggs. Stir in chopped pecans.
Carefully spoon pecan pie mixture over partially cookies brownies.
Bake additional 10-15 minutes. Cool and cut into 12 or 16 squares - or in my case run a smooth knife around each brownie and pull right out!
We have not sampled these YET. I don't think I mentioned that Les and I are not having any desserts for a month. We've been eating way too much sugar lately and decided to stay away from it for a while. This started on November 14th. We are allowing one exception - tomorrow - then it's back to being good for a few more weeks! I may not eat any mashed potatoes or stuffing or sweet potatoes tomorrow - I need to save room for dessert!
It's not too late if you need one more yummy dessert for tomorrow. These are really easy and I know from my previous batch they taste amazing. If you don't have a brownie pan, you could try a muffin pan. Definitely cook the brownies a bit before adding the pecan topping. You'll be thankful and so will your guests.
No comments:
Post a Comment