Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful moms!
As I was thinking about what to post this morning, a beautiful family memory came to mind. It starts with my Great Grandmother, Maude Lancaster, born October 13, 1887. She was the mother of eleven children. She received the gift of the Holy Ghost and lived a holy life, but was not baptized according to the Bible.
 |
| Great Grandma Lancaster |
One of her daughters was my grandma - Grandma Luella Pearson. Born February 26, 1919 in Mayes, Oklahoma. During the Dust Bowl of the 1930s, the family moved to California. At some point, Grandma Luella saw her need to be baptized in the name of Jesus. Grandma Lancaster told her, "That's okay for you, but I don't think I need it."
 |
| Grandma Luella |
On January 1, 1940, Norma Pearson was born. Mom grew up believing the gospel. As a young mother, she started praying for her children, but she also started to praying for her grandmother. She wrote letters and sent tracts explaining Jesus name baptism. In the early 1970s, Great Grandma Lancaster then in her 80s, saw her need to be re-baptized according to the plan of salvation found in the book of Acts! It was a beautiful Sunday morning when our family gathered in Visalia to witness this grand occasion.
 |
| Mom, when the twins were still in the hospital. I know she prayed for them, too! |
I saw Grandma Lancaster for the last time in 1984. I was preparing to go to the Philippines. She told me what a blessing we would be. Then she wanted me to turn around so she could feel my hair. At the age of 96, most of her hair had fallen out, but it had never been cut. She died peacefully while I was in the Philippines, I'll always treasure that last visit.
Mothers, don't ever stop praying!
2 comments:
What a poignant post today. Thank God for your lovely mothers!
Great advice, Kathy!
Happy weekend,
Kelley~
Kelley,
I am blessed with an incredible heritage.
Happy Mother's Day to you!
Post a Comment