The sloths were moving a little:
The Komodo Dragon
The Sumatran tigers.
The Meerkats
There are two rhinos, the other one was playing in the mud but I couldn't get a good shot of him!
The chimpanzees were very active - I think it was lunch time and no one seemed inclined to share...
Porcupine
Giraffes and Zebras
Flamingos
Elephants with Diamond Head in the back ground
Tortoises
Spider Monkeys
Gibbons
The Siamang Family. Baby Haumea was born in 2012 and they had been off exhibit for a long time.
Rusty, the orangutan
The highlight of the day was my final stop - the cheetahs. Their enclosure is built in such a way that it is rare that I even see them. I think it was my fourth or fifth visit to the zoo before I saw them the first time. But as I walked up on Friday, they were on the alert...
And here's why - two sheep from the petting zoo were out and the cheetahs could see them.
They circled back, slowly stalking
Then realizing they couldn't get out!
And they circled back again!
Of the many memories we have made in Hawaii, the Honolulu Zoo will be one of my favorites.
No comments:
Post a Comment