Thursday, October 10, 2013

Faith and Humor

Fifteen years ago today my Mom took her last earthly breath.  How I have missed her!  She wasn't just my Mom, but a dear friend.

For those who don't know American Sign Language - the "I Love You" sign

When I think of her, I think about her faith.  Her trust that God was going to take care of her, no matter the circumstances.  I'm reminded of it often when I pick up her Bible.  The pages are covered with reminders to trust an unfailing God.


As with most women, her cancer battle included hair loss.  I was still living at home when it was coming out by the handfuls.  It hurt emotionally, but then she'd put on a hat and a smile, ready to face the world.

"Another Bad Hair Day"

I'm so thankful for the example of faithfulness she left.  She was faithful to her family, her church, and her God.  


What a day that will be when we are all gathered home!  I'm ready for that reunion!

No comments:

Verse of the Day