Sunday, July 28, 2013

Preparing for Flossie

The State of Hawaii is under a Tropical Storm Watch. Tropical Storm "Flossie" is on track to hit the Big Island of Hawaii early Monday morning. Oahu is about 200 miles from the Big Island, but heavy rainfall, winds, and flash flooding are all expected for Honolulu on Monday and Tuesday. This is a first for me! I've gotten use to running in a little rain around here, but I'm not sure I want to be out in tropical storm conditions.


Honolulu forecasters repeated today that "abundant tropical moisture associated with Flossie will bring elevated potential for very heavy rainfall and flash flooding" throughout the state Monday and Tuesday.

I just want to know - Who names these storms?

1 comment:

Kathy McElhaney said...

Hahaha!!! One year there was Hurricane Deborah and Frances!! Everyone said it for our personality!!

Stay safe and I look forward to pictures!!

Frances
Notions from Nonny

Verse of the Day