Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Maui Moonlight


We landed on Maui at 7:30 Friday evening.  There was a full moon shining over the island as we made our way to Ka'anapali and our favorite resort - the Aston Mahana.  This was our sixth stay there and we both agree, it's our favorite vacation spot ever!  We fell asleep listening to the sounds of the waves crashing.   This is the view from our room Saturday morning with the island of Lanai to the left and Molokai to the right.



After a leisurely breakfast and relaxing on our lanai, we headed to Paia  Les sent me this email on Friday:
I request and will be delighted with your presence for a lunch date in celebration of our 22 wonderful years of marriage. I have reservations for two at 1:30pm at a special location.
Very truly forever yours,
Les
The special location came on the recommendation of Bro. McGriffin ~ Mama's Fish House.  When Les made reservations he requested an ocean view table and informed them that it was our 22nd anniversary.  We were told "Happy Anniversary" by many of the staff members and found this on our table:

The food was amazing!  The fish is caught locally each day.  I had the Mahimahi stuffed with crab and lobster and Les had snapper.

We finished our meal with Liliko'i Crème Brûlée.  I've always enjoyed Crème Brûlée, but this one was incredible with the liliko'i based custard.

Notice the gecko shaped pavers?
After lunch we went to Go Cycling Maui so Les could pick up a bike he rented.  He had BIG plans for Sunday - a ride UP Haleakala.  I'll do a full post on that tomorrow, but most people just ride DOWN Haleakala.  The ride is from sea level to over 10,000 feet.  It is a continuous 36 mile ride UP.  It's ain't spin class!

We had an early bedtime on Saturday because we had plans to get up at 3:00 Sunday morning!  Sunday will get its own post, but Monday looked like this...

 
  and this...


and this...


and this...


 Bliss!

4 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

Wow!! It's just gorgeous!!

Frances Kendrick

Caroline (Jane) said...

I am green with envy! ;-) jk Looks like a wonderful time.

jennifer lord said...

LOVE THE PICS!!

Kendrick Family said...

Absolutely Beautiful...

Verse of the Day