Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fun Day at Sea!


We were at the one week mark of our vacation and completely ready for a day of rest. Our excursions had been amazing, but I needed some peace and quiet at least for a few hours! We slept in and Les eventually made his way to the fitness center for a couple of hours. I ordered a BLT from room service and settled on our balcony with my Kindle. I don't think I left our stateroom until dinner that night. Bliss!


One of the books I downloaded was The Damascus Way by Janette Oke and Davis Bunn. This is about the conversion of Saul of Tarsus. Most of the book took place in Jerusalem or Samaria. After touring so many ancient cities it was easier than ever to visualize the scenes in the book.

While I was reading, Les was observing a fellow exerciser. They were both on stationary bikes, looking out the window. All of the sudden, this guy became very animated. "Oh! That's my neighbor! I can't believe it. He lives down the street from me!" He then got off the bike and ran out of the fitness center. Les saw him chase the other guy down. While Les was finishing his ride the guy came back in and got back on the bike. Shortly after that, the guy's wife came in. He started telling her all about it. Then he said, "It wasn't him." Les about fell off his bike trying to not laugh!!

(Shrimp and lobster!)

That night was our first "Cruise Elegant" dinner. So we dressed up a little and headed down. Lobster was on the menu! We both also ordered Chilled Strawberry soup for our starter. This is one of my favorite appetizers. It first comes out in a bowl that looks like this:


Um... something's missing! Then they pour the soup over the strawberry...


Yummy! I found a recipe for something similar, I'll share it sometime on Friday Foodie.

(Our table)

Our Northern Lights Dining crew consisted of Jael, Jose and Cristian. They stayed on top of everything. Refilling our ice tea glasses, delivering prompt service, always with a smile. Although Jose and Cristian disappeared almost every night when it was time for the crew to dance. Poor Jael, he danced alone!


We traveled up the back of the boot of Italy on this day. We would sail into Venice in the morning.


Venice was a pleasant surprise...

2 comments:

Danielle Long said...

The chilled strawberry soup is one of my favorites!!

Cyndi Kaye said...

Looking at the map it amazed me how close Croatia and Bosnia appeared to where you were sailing.

On the other side of Italy I noticed Monaco.

It's so interesting to me to compare the size of the U.S. and countries in Europe.

Yep, I'm a nerd. LOL! ; )

Verse of the Day