So I stepped on the scale yesterday morning with a little trepidation. I was remembering... Gelato in four ports. Pizza in two. Canoli in Venice. Pastries in Venice. Lasagna in Rome. Tiramasu in Rome, too. Chocolate melting cake on the ship - twice. Oh, and lobster one night.
The comments weren't all encouraging. They ranged from only one person saying I lost to gaining 4.5! So... the results??
I was down 0.5!!!
That's pretty much maintenance because my weight can vary from 1 to 2 pounds every week.
No one guessed correctly, so I am going with the one who was closest. That would be none other than my Peep, Miss Chloee Tarazon! Chloee was the first of three people who guessed that I maintained.
Here is the breakdown of votes:
Lost = 1 vote (Thanks for your faith in me, Stephanie!)
Maintained = 3 votes
Gained = 6 votes
I think the real story here is the fact that I EAT all the time while I'm home. I don't starve myself on a regular basis, in fact I enjoy desserts quite often. So vacation isn't a time where I eat twice what I'm use to. The dinners on the ship are fabulous, but the portions are not super-sized like many American restaurants serve.
Another thing that really helped - my sweet sister, Kim, told me to take the stairs on the ship and I did! We were on the 6th deck, the Lido Marketplace where we ate breakfast and lunch was on the 10th deck, dinner was on the 3rd deck, and getting off the ship was on deck Zero. We took the elevator one time in 13 days! Our excursions had us walking in fortresses, the ruins of Pompeii, and all over Rome and Venice. It was a great balance.
Congrats, Peep! And thanks to everyone who participated. If you want to see how everyone voted, the comments have now been posted.
No one guessed correctly, so I am going with the one who was closest. That would be none other than my Peep, Miss Chloee Tarazon! Chloee was the first of three people who guessed that I maintained.
Here is the breakdown of votes:
Lost = 1 vote (Thanks for your faith in me, Stephanie!)
Maintained = 3 votes
Gained = 6 votes
I think the real story here is the fact that I EAT all the time while I'm home. I don't starve myself on a regular basis, in fact I enjoy desserts quite often. So vacation isn't a time where I eat twice what I'm use to. The dinners on the ship are fabulous, but the portions are not super-sized like many American restaurants serve.
Another thing that really helped - my sweet sister, Kim, told me to take the stairs on the ship and I did! We were on the 6th deck, the Lido Marketplace where we ate breakfast and lunch was on the 10th deck, dinner was on the 3rd deck, and getting off the ship was on deck Zero. We took the elevator one time in 13 days! Our excursions had us walking in fortresses, the ruins of Pompeii, and all over Rome and Venice. It was a great balance.
Congrats, Peep! And thanks to everyone who participated. If you want to see how everyone voted, the comments have now been posted.
8 comments:
Man! I should have went with my first comment and left it at that. LOL! ; )
I'm starting a vacation savings account. I want to go on the New England/Canada cruise. They have a stop on P.E. Island and have an "Anne of Green Gables" tour.
Your idea of a "slight" gain of 3 pounds was a huge gain in my opinion!!
LOOL!! Complimenti a mia figlia, Chloee!! Congratulazioni Signora McElhaney at maintaining your weight!! Remember the book about the guy that walked across the country and how he was able to eat ANYTHING without gaining any weight because he walked so much! Obviously, you're not going to gain weight when you're physical activity and what you eat is a lifestyle! Woo-hoo -- I'm so happy for you! :)
Oh! And mio marito, Nembro's guestimate of 4.5 lbs weight gain, was absurd! Only mio marito -- hay mamma mia! LOOL!
Yay!! I had faith in you :) Love you Peep!
Always,
Chlo
Grazie, il mio amico! Yes, your hubby's guess was a bit high! I would have fainted if he had been correct!
WOOHOOOO!!! Now that is a successful vacation. :)
By the way, mia figlia, Chloee, was already shopping last night with her Amazon gift card! LOL! She was looking at Nancy Drew games and music! :)
Post a Comment