Thursday, May 12, 2011

Happiness

My friend, Bekki, blogged yesterday about 50 things that make her happy. I decided to make my own list. Like Bekki, my husband and my Savior are at the top of the list, everyday.

These are not in any particular order, just as they popped into my brain...
  1. My family
  2. Riding down Las Llayas Canyon on Myka after a long hard climb
  3. A good run on a cool morning
  4. Trying a new recipe and having it turn out great
  5. Traveling and planning the trip
  6. Chocolate - I could probably come up with 50 different chocolate things that make me happy, but I will just use one number
  7. Reading a good book
  8. Hearing from an old friend
  9. Going to a camp or conference and seeing hundreds of Apostolics worshiping in one place.
  10. Sitting in the sun when it's about 75 outside
  11. Rainy Fall days
  12. Taking pictures
  13. Looking at old pictures
  14. Finding shoes that I like in my size
  15. Spotting wildlife in my backyard - especially when it's a bobcat
  16. My new Kindle - so many books in one little place
  17. Blogging
  18. Watching my nieces and nephews grow up
  19. Maintaining my weight for 5 years
  20. The beach
  21. Remembering Rod's incredible wit and sense of humor
  22. Good hair days
  23. Cute clothes that are also modest
  24. Making new friends
  25. Keeping old friends
  26. A song in my heart
  27. Ice cold tea on a hot day
  28. A clean house (not the actually cleaning, but when it is clean!)
  29. Good church
  30. Discovering my family tree
  31. Sincere compliments
  32. Letting someone go ahead of me in the grocery store when they only have a couple items and I have a full cart
  33. Getting flowers from Les
  34. Good clean jokes
  35. Sunday afternoon naps
  36. Giving a gift that I know is going to be a hit
  37. Waking up and seeing I have another hour to sleep
  38. Diving into a cool pool on a hot day
  39. Hearing my doctor say last week, "You're the poster child for good health!"
  40. Revival in my own church and around the world
  41. Our 1992 Saturn that keeps running
  42. Giggling little girls
  43. Smiling, happy babies
  44. Comments on my blog (hint, hint...)
  45. Talking to Dad on the phone every Monday
  46. Popolo's Pizza (well just about any pizza, but Popolo's is my favorite)
  47. My roses blooming by the front door
  48. Reading by the fireplace
  49. Warm flannel sheets on a cold night
  50. My life - I am blessed and I know it.
How about you? Can you think of 50 things that make you happy?? Count your blessings!

6 comments:

Caroline (Jane) said...

Great post! I will follow suit on my blog if ya don't mind.
I enjoy comments too! I get most of my feedback from readers in person, which helps to inspire me. Unfortunately, most people like to read for "free". lol

Kendra Thaler said...

I am going to follow suit! I saw Bekkis and now yours. This is a great way to stay grateful and happy about life!!

I enjoyed your list!

Mary Frances said...

Good idea for a blog post!!! I just might have to do this too!!!

Kathy McElhaney said...

I'm posting the comments that were "lost" during Bloggers' downtime this week.

Kathy McElhaney said...

From Caroline

Great post! I will follow suit on my blog if ya don't mind.
I enjoy comments too! I get most of my feedback from readers in person, which helps to inspire me. Unfortunately, most people like to read for "free". lol

Kathy McElhaney said...

From Kendra

I am going to follow suit! I saw Bekkis and now yours. This is a great way to stay grateful and happy about life!!

I enjoyed your list!

Verse of the Day