Monday, May 16, 2011

Missions Week


We had another fabulous Missions Week at Victory Tabernacle. Bro. and Sis. Wheeler, Missionaries to Asia, were with us yesterday. They are two of the kindest people you will ever meet. They have literally given their lives for the Gospel. They first went to the Philippines in 1975. Their ministry is now reaching Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Pakistan, Myanmar, and their newest church - Cambodia!

Sunday morning Bro. Wheeler talked about "Sarah's Assurance of Revival." He compared the church to Sarah. One of the points he made that really struck me was when he was talking about Ishmael. He said, "He wasn't Sarah's son, but he was Sarah's idea." Sometimes we try to make things happen that are not God's plan for revival. What we end up with is a mess because we didn't wait on God and do it His way.

Sunday night we got to hear from Sis. Wheeler. She really loves "her" people! We also saw a slide presentation of all the works that the Wheelers oversee. God is doing great things, starting with their Bible school in Manila. From there, workers are going and preaching and reaching.

After the slide presentation, our church took up our mission pledges for the next 12 months. At the end of service Pastor White announced our total. Between our three daughter works (Panorama City, Boyle Heights, and Santa Clarita) and our mother church in Burbank, our total was just over $79,000!! That money will go so far in foreign lands and we're excited to hear future reports of victory.

After we took up our commitments, Bro. Wheeler preached about "Commitment." He told many stories of things they have gone through to fulfill their commitment. He said, God told him to GO and he's never heard the word Stop.

It was a wonderful weekend! I love missions, and though I'm not called to go to a foreign land, I am called to reach locally, and pray and give for those who do go.

3 comments:

Mary Frances said...

Soooo AWESOME!!! My brother and his wife are going to be going as missionaries to the Philipines! You should post pics from the picnik like you did last year!!!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Well... I would post pictures, but I didn't take any!! LOL!

jennifer lord said...

I love them! What an amazing, Godly couple!

Verse of the Day