Thursday, May 5, 2011

Driving My Testimony

I have written before about our faithful 1992 Saturn. About a year and a half ago the odometer quit working at 292,941 miles. So while we don't know exactly how many miles she has, we know it's over 300,000!!


In 1999, our church started the "Millennium Fund" to raise funds for a future building. Our Saturn had about 100,000 miles at that time. Les and I committed to give and I prayed that our car would keep running.

A couple weeks ago we had her in for a tune-up. There were a couple other things that needed to be fixed as well. The total cost was about the same as a single car payment. When we got her back, she was just purring! I called to thank our mechanic (who is a neighbor and overall nice guy) and he said, "Maybe it'll last another 100,000 miles!"

It dawned on me last week - every time we drive that car it is a testament to God's faithfulness. Every time she starts up, it's an answer to prayer. People can't believe we are driving a 19 year old car, but I want to keep on driving her! She's like the widow's cruse of oil and barrel of meal that didn't run out (See I Kings chapter 17.) She's a testimony all her own!

5 comments:

Girly Muse said...

That's amazing!!! Totally miraculous!

Tiffany Bracken: said...

I also drive a 19 year old car! It runs great and we are also hoping for a few more years. Not bad for a car that was given to us in the first place. God's blessings squared!

Kathy McElhaney said...

I love God's blessings squared!

Mary Frances said...

Thats TOTAL awesomeness!!!

Kendra Thaler said...

Sounds like we have one of those in the making. Our old and trusty Ford Taurus - we call her Torrie. She never stops going! lol

God is ever faithful to His children!

Verse of the Day