Sunday, October 5, 2008

Home Again

It was a whirlwind weekend, but I'm glad I went!

First an update on Dad. He is doing SO much better! I spent over an hour with him today before I left Fresno and he really is doing good. He said he felt like he is strong enough to get out of bed by himself. The doctor came while I was there and he said, "you'll be in trouble if you try that!" I'm just glad to hear him say he's ready to do more and I believe with a few more therapy sessions he will.

It was also good to spend time with Kim and her girls. Friday night I was with the twins and last night it was just Kim and I. Both nights we just hung out and talked and got caught up. Very fun! In between Friday and Saturday nights, meaning most of Saturday, I cleaned Dad's house! I was happy to do it, knowing he'll be able to go home from the hospital to a clean house.

And finally, it was so wonderful to go to church at Truth Tabernacle this morning. There's just something about going home, to the place I was raised, to be greeted by people that have known me all my life and still like me! Of course, knowing I'm going to church with no responsibilities is nice, too. Every once in a while it's good to sit in service knowing you will not be called upon to sing, play, hostess, or anything else! I felt refreshed when service was over!

For those of you that were in the Adult Sunday School class in Fresno, I made sure I talked to myself while I drove through Pixley!

1 comment:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Glad to hear that you are safely home. It is good that you had time for one on one with your dad, Kim, and the twins. And good too to reacquaint and worship with old friends at TT.

Verse of the Day