Our morning started a little differently as we departed from Antwerp ~ we stayed on the boat. We had our daily briefing after breakfast, which worked out great since so many had spent the previous evening in Antwerp.
The scenery was nice once we were away from the docks, but we would have preferred being on our bikes!
Our riding for the day started in the afternoon and in a new country ~ we were in the Netherlands! I didn't know the difference at the time - both countries are extremely bike friendly and our routes were easy and flat. We continued with our strategy of staying behind the group and enjoyed another beautiful day. We rode for a while in a forest that was incredible. My phone stayed in my backpack and I just enjoyed the ride! We did stop for coffee, I think these were iced lattes...
Our next stop was the Canadian World War II Cemetery. I will do a full post on this because the men who are buried there deserve more than just a sentence or two.
We found our second strawberry vending machine and the strawberries were just as delicious here. By the time I wanted to take a picture my hands had too much juice on them. Our final destination was the small town of Tholen. There was a bridge we had to cross and we had the best laugh - two elderly women were riding side by side in their motorized scooters. They were just having a great time chatting and never even flinched when we rode past them.
It was another perfect day for gelato!
Another beautiful evening back on the boat. Miles for the day: 20.43.











.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment