One of the things we did not get to do when we were in the Philippines in 2019 was visit the ACTS Bible School. This is such an important part of the work in the Philippines. Americans come and go, we give, we pray, we love, but it's the Filipino saints and ministers who make the difference on a daily basis.
They're taught practical skills, as well as the Bible.
The boys' dorm:
Everyone has chores!
Sis. Aida, who keeps the office running smoothly!
The view from the top of the building:
Our group then took a walk to the open market just down the street.
The young man with the glasses is Bro. J.R. He is a Bible school student who was in Mindanao in 2019. When I talked to him about it, he wasn't sure if he remembered me at first, then he said, "You gave me chocolate!" That totally made my day.
I have taken chocolate both times I've gone to the Philippines and it is a hit. This time, I went to See's Candies and the lady who worked there told me that she sells a lot of toffee to Filipinos taking it home to their families. She was right - they loved it! I gave some to the house angels in Mindanao and when I brought out a second box in Luzon, there were squeals of delight!
We finished the day visiting and enjoying a little down time. And being entertained by Clark Judah!
























No comments:
Post a Comment