Today started really early for Les and Lance. They spent last night at the Grand Canyon Lodge on the North Rim. I received at text at 5:43 a.m. saying, "Heading out!" Another text came in that said, "12:17 at Phantom Ranch." The trail from the North Rim to Phantom Ranch at the bottom of the canyon is approximately 14 miles. Of course cell reception is almost non-existent and trying to follow them on Life360 didn't do much, but as they got closer to the top at the South Rim, I got occasional updates.
In case you're wondering, that distance is slightly more than a marathon! I'm so proud of them! And very thankful that they finished without injury. I don't have any pictures from their hike yet, but Les did send this one:
"6000 feet of climbing and I have to go up these to get to my room."


No comments:
Post a Comment