Friday, December 3, 2021

Yosemite National Park ~ Day 2, Recovering and Wandering

 
After our strenuous hike on Sunday we woke up pretty sore on Monday.  We took our time with breakfast and spent some time just stretching our aching, aging bodies.  We headed back into the park with the plan to just explore the valley by foot.
 
 
Driving in to Yosemite is always an awe-inspiring experience to me.  It is almost 750,000 acres, nearly the size of Rhode Island!

Can you find Les in this picture?


We wandered through the Ahwanee Hotel for a little bit.



I thought this tree was quite unusual...

 
Until I realized it was actually two trees!

More beauty...



So happy to see the waterfalls flowing.



My guy!


It was a fun day with absolutely no agenda!  We were in full on vacation mode and several times said, "What day is it?"  It was only Monday!

2 comments:

Mary Frances said...

Sooooo pretty!!! I want to go there!!!

Kathy McElhaney said...

You would love it, especially since you love hiking!

Verse of the Day