Happy Grandparents Day to any of my readers who have grandchildren. I was blessed to know five of my grandparents. Both of Mom's grandmothers were still living while I was growing up, along with Mom's mom and Dad's mom and dad! I think the bond with grandparents is very special and I'm grateful for mine.
One of my earliest posts was called, "When Mom Became Grandma." Mom wrote in her Grandmother's Memories book: "When I
first became a grandmother, I felt like a Queen. I couldn't stop
grinning; I got 3 grandbabies in 10 weeks! Ryan, Krysten & Lauren." Ryan
was born on January 11th (his daddy's birthday) and Krysten and Lauren
showed up 7 weeks before their due date on March 20th.
Grandparents Day has brought a new emotion this year. It started with a text I received about a month ago from my niece, Lauren:
My heart is overflowing with excitement! Lauren and Jordan got married in January of this year and now they are going to make my sister a grandmother and I get to be Great Aunt Kathy! It seems like yesterday that they were this tiny:




No comments:
Post a Comment