I realize I've been pretty quiet here on the blog this month. We have been BUSY! All of our plants are now in - a total of 11 trees and 158 plants! Yes, you read that correctly. We have six trees in the front with 56 plants, and five trees in the back with 102 plants. Our final plant went in Monday night:
All the weed barrier and irrigation lines are in. We have just a little more decorative rock to do. I'll do a full reveal next week. But here are a couple shots:
I headed to the trail for a run this morning. About 2.5 miles up, I saw these guys:
I made it just passed the four mile mark before turning around.
I was enjoying myself on the way down, but also aware that cattle could be around the next curve. Much to my surprise, there were three calves! Two of them were walking across the trail just as I came around the curve. By the time I had my phone out, they were already off the trail. I had to stop for a few more shots:
8.17 miles total in one hour, 37 minutes. Almost 1,000 feet of climbing (and descending) and 626 calories burned. My weight loss has been stalled for the past month. I hadn't gained, but I also hadn't lost anything. I was finally down another pound this morning for a total of 27 pounds and 28.5 inches in 26 weeks.










No comments:
Post a Comment