We were privileged to attend a wedding this weekend. Ashlyn DeAro married Isaac Favila. We received their wedding announcement several months ago and all I could think was, "Where has the time gone?"
![]() |
| Les and I had just removed our sunglasses, thus the squinty eyes! |
Almost a decade ago I dedicated an entire post to my girl, Ashlyn. When Ashlyn was really little (starting at about 2 or 3) she sat with
us in church a lot. When she was about 5, she spent a weekend with
me and her mom asked if she could call me Aunt Kathy and that's what
I've been ever since. You can read the entire thing here, but I thought I'd re-share a couple favorites:
When she was little she had trouble saying her Rs. She was also a
little confused about days. One time while getting over a cold, she told
us, "Tomowo I was sick, but now I bettu."
We use to have a sister in our church who would always sing before she
testified. One night, as she stood, Ashlyn whispered to me, "Sister
Lewis is going to sing." As Sister Lewis started sing, Ash leaned back
over and said, "Told ya!"
It's been my privilege to watch you grow and become the wonderful young lady that you are. Your day was so sweet, funny, and special - just like you! Praying for many wonderful years ahead for you and Isaac.





4 comments:
Aww. I love you so much Aunt Kathy!! I remember those days running around your house!!
Love you too, girly!
Awwww that's sweet!!! I remember when I first met Ashlyn and Danae! It was at a Youth Alive and they were like 13 and 14 or 14 and 15! Time has flown!!!
I remember when their MOM was 13 or 14 - I was her counselor at youth camp! Time keeps right on flying.
Post a Comment