Tuesday, December 1, 2020

30 Days of Thanks Wrap Up

We had a fantastic time in Flagstaff.  We spent as much time as possible outside.  Our internet was painfully slow, so I didn't get to post for a few days.  Here are the days I missed:
 
The Grand Canyon, more on that later.


Day 23:  Bundled
I told Les last year that I wanted to go somewhere cold for Christmas.  We ended up in Hawaii for most of December 2019.  He made my dream come true last week.  It was SO cold in Flagstaff, most nights it was in the teens.  I loved it and I'm thankful for warm clothes so I can be bundled! A warm fire is also a bonus...



Day 28:  Communicate:
I have to say I am very thankful for the many ways we are able to communicate. I definitely prefer face to face, but during these months of lock down, safe at home, and restrictions, the many ways we communicate have been so important. Phone calls, texts, emails, online service - they have all been so important.  I'm thankful every time someone reaches out to communicate with me... unless they're a telemarketer!

Day 29:  A Blessing
We drove home on Sunday.  While we enjoyed our time away, it's always a blessing to be home.  I'm so thankful for the beautiful home God has provided us.

Day 30:  Final
I got up yesterday morning and wanted to take advantage of a week of altitude training.  I went for a nice 5 mile run.  I felt great until the final mile...  my feet got a little tangled up and I found myself flying and then landing with a painful thud.  I'm not sure how it happened, but my sunglasses slammed into my face and I'm now sporting my first ever black eye!  I am okay, banged up and sore, but I'm thankful that I was able to get back up and hobble the final steps home.


2 comments:

Mary Frances said...

Heeeeey you should've told me you were going to Flagstaff!!! I could've told you all the good places to eat!!! LOL

Sorry about your eye!!! I've had a few mishaps excercising buuuuut that looks like a REAL DOOZY!!! I see you've done the hot chocolate run!!! I'm doing it virtually!!!

Kathy McElhaney said...

We rented a townhouse through VRBO and bought our own groceries. We only ate out on Thanksgiving, just didn't want to deal with all the mask wearing ;)

My "eye patch" has grown throughout the week. It's hurting a lot less now, thankfully. It's definitely my worst injury to date. Yes, I did the Hot Chocolate 15k earlier this year - I did it virtually, too. We finally drank the hot chocolate that came in our goodie bags - it was delicious!!

Verse of the Day