Way back in February I started thinking about this year's anniversary. We will celebrate our 29th anniversary on Monday, May 25th. We decided we wanted to go back to The Cliffs at Princeville on the beautiful island of Kauai. I booked unit 6201. A lovely unit right on the cliff overlooking the ocean.
![]() |
| The Cliffs at Princeville from our 2018 vacation |
So what is our "vacation" reality this year? Obviously, it's a "staycation." But we won't be lounging by the pool. Oh no, not this household! COVID-19 has meant zero travel, for business or pleasure. This will continue until at least the end of June. After more than seven years of multiple trips to Hawaii each year, this has been really different for us. The one big change has been the list of things Les has wanted to work on around the house that he is home long enough to get to.
So far, he has sold his gym equipment that he no longer used. That equipment was talking up a ton of space! Once it was gone, he ordered a bike rack and cabinets. We then decided to add a new garage door opener. We have a three car garage with two doors. The two door has always had an opener. After much trial and tribulation, the single door now has an opener as well. We are using it when we want to ride our bikes or head out for a run. It's so much easier than rolling them around our cars, out the side garage door, then out the gate! And there is so much more room!
![]() |
| Yes, there are 5 bikes for 2 people! Not strange at all... |
This week Les is taking the entire week off work. His "vacation" project is our front yard. He is building a decorative planter wall. This includes digging trenches, pouring concrete foundation, laying blocks and much, much more. I'll post pictures of the finished project.
![]() |
| Nearly 300 blocks were delivered today! |
![]() |
| Concrete mix |
I'm helping as much as I can. My biggest contribution will be making sure Les is well fed. I have three, yes three! new recipes that I'm trying this week. I'll TRY to have the recipes up on Friday.










No comments:
Post a Comment